21 March 2010

Radio Ga Ga


I may be listening to some uber-underground, super out-of-print radness on the headphones as I write, but I gotta say, Lady Gaga stole my heart this weekend. If I ever had any credibility with the three people who read this blog, it's shot. That's fine with me. I'm not cool. I like good art and if that happens to be made by the most famous pop star around, then more the better. 
"I don't want to sound presumptuous, but I've made it my goal to revolutionise pop music"
Gaga is total punk. Check out those fucking glasses. Check out her clip for the song Telephone. For me, she's a conceptual artist and not a pop singer at all. The image is so far ahead of the music it practically negates its point. She understands the entertainment machine and has made it work for her. She leads, it follows. Lady Gaga, I'm yr fan. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Stevie Nicks' pageboy

Dead animals, alive animals, idiotic things written on walls by anonymous losers, naked things, acid, cheese burgers and music. --------